WFAA is a full-service television station in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, broadcasting on local digital VHF channel 8. Founded in 1949 as KBTV, it is owned by Belo Corporation.
WFAA is affiliated with ABC (American Broadcasting Company), airing ABC's primetime shows in the evening. In the morning, the station airs ABC's morning news and information program, with spots for local news and weather; in the afternoon, it airs ABC's soap operas; in the early evening, it shows ABC's national news broadcast and News 8 HD. After primetime, it airs its own local newscasts, followed by ABC's late-night programming. WFAA also airs local sports broadcasts.
At WFAA, we have always been a pioneer- that is just The WFAA Way. We have led the charge in innovation in all forms of media: first television station located in Dallas, first to break the news of the JFK Assassination, first station to use a helicopter, first in the nation to unveil the first computerized local newsroom, first website in DFW television station- we do it for you, our audience.
We believe in order to be the best we must strive to be the best every single day. We must boldly dare to disrupt, blaze trails untraveled, and celebrate the lives of North Texans and beyond.
- We promise you we will conduct ourselves with pride and set the highest standards of excellence.
- We promise to empower the people we serve by supporting the future of our communities.
- We promise to work harder and smarter to find solutions for our audience.
- We promise to be brave- and get uncomfortable stretching ourselves for our audience.
- And most importantly, we promise to always care.
- We know if we are your first choice, we will strive to enrich your life every day through original storytelling and engaging experiences that make this place we call home a better place to live.
- We promise we do not take it for granted.